Gateway Blood Drive
Blood donations make all difference during a health crisis like the one Edra Hughes, Pastor Debbie’s mom, is currently facing. Join us as we continue praying for Edra’s healing and come together to save countless lives during our blood drive!
January is National Blood Donor Month, and with Texas blood supply levels currently at a critical low, now is the perfect time for you to give blood. Pastor Robert shared that Edra, his mother-in-law, had to receive seven units of blood to restore the blood she lost due to complications with diverticulitis. She is one of many people who have benefited from the life-saving donations made by people like you.
How to Sign Up
You can donate blood by making an appointment at a donor center online at carterbloodcare.org or by texting or calling 800.366.2834. When you sign up, let the team know that you’re part of Gateway Church by sharing our sponsor number: S107268. And before you arrive, please read Carter BloodCare’s donor guidelines.
What to Expect When You Donate
You can be assured that the Carter BloodCare team will provide you with a safe donation experience. Carter BloodCare follows stringent FDA protocols every day, and in light of COVID-19 they have added safety measures, including:
- Hand sanitizer at every donation site.
- Social distancing measures at key points during blood donation.
- Donor health screening to check for symptoms of illness (temperature, pulse rate, blood pressure, etc.).
- Sanitization of donor screening areas and beds after every use.
- Carter BloodCare staff monitoring their own health status to ensure donor safety.
When you donate, you are giving someone another chance at life. Thanks in advance for giving!