Crisis Relief | Pray for Israel
On October 7, 2023, Hamas launched its largest surprise attack on Israel in decades. The number of lives impacted continues to climb as new information is received of people who have been killed, wounded, and taken hostage. Please join us in prayer for everyone impacted by these attacks and continue reading to learn how you can support ministries and individuals in need.
As a church, it’s important we have an organized response to this crisis so we can be of assistance and not a hindrance. We ask that you not travel to the affected area unless you have communicated with an organization already involved in relief efforts and they are aware of your arrival. Here’s how you can help right now.
- Pray for God’s comfort and protection to surround the families affected by these attacks.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for leaders who are making decisions regarding responses to these attacks.
- Pray for protection over every civilian and solider defending the nation of Israel.
- Pray for Gateway’s many ministry partners in the region who are on the ground and currently responding to the needs.
- Pray for God’s comfort over those who have lost loved ones from the attacks. We’ve received reports from ministry partners in Israel who have already lost members of their congregation.
- Pray for the peace of Israel.
- Use this detailed prayer guide for more specific prayer points.
There is a lot of information being sent out about the attacks in Israel. It’s important to stay informed by trusted and balanced sources. Here are a few places you can find accurate and up-to-date information about the war in Israel:
- You can follow Gateway Center for Israel on Instagram—we are posting frequent updates and prayer points.
- Follow trustworthy news sources such as Times of Israel or All Israel News for accurate and timely updates on the crisis.
- Subscribe to updates from Messianic leaders in Israel such as Asher Intrater, Ron Cantor, and FIRM Israel.
As the Lord leads, please give to support those in need in Israel. 100% of all gifts given will go toward helping Israel during the crisis. Currently Gateway has more than 90 ministry partners in Israel, and they are grateful for the ongoing love and support from our church. Let’s continue to lift them up in prayer, give to help meet their needs, and support them as members of our Gateway family!
Give to support Israel >
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. –Proverbs 18:10
Please note Gateway is not collecting tangible donations (clothes, canned food, etc.) at this time.
For more information about Gateway’s crisis relief, email email@example.com.