This Christmas, we’re focusing on quality time with those we love. For many of us, this year has been filled with busyness, uncertainty, or fatigue, so what better way to celebrate our Savior’s birth than to gather in our homes with family and friends?
Whether you join us for service in your Christmas pj’s or tune in from your favorite coffee shop, we have some tips to make the online experience special.
- Set the atmosphere. Before or after the service, enjoy this Christmas playlist we put together for you on YouTube.
- Make your favorite Christmas treat. Maybe you’re a pancakes-on-Christmas-morning kind of person! Or perhaps you prefer cookies and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. Incorporate some of your family’s traditions as you watch the service.
- Host a watch party! Invite your friends, neighbors, or family over to watch the service with you! Add a couple of your favorite holiday goodies to the mix, and you have a recipe for a great time.
- Reflect on the meaning. We’ve all had a challenging year in one way or another, but Christmas reminds us to celebrate the Light of the World who came to bring us peace, joy, and hope in the darkest times. Spend time talking to your friends and family about what that means and look at what the Bible says. A couple of key passages of Scripture are Luke 2:1–20 and John 1:1–18.
- Share the fun! Snap a photo or capture video of your Christmas at home celebration and share it on social media with #GatewayChristmas.