Disaster Relief in Louisiana
Join Gateway Church and Minuteman Disaster Response as we travel to Lake Charles, Louisiana, to help families impacted by Hurricane Laura.
During this four-day deployment, volunteers will assist with removing debris from homes damaged by the storm and have an opportunity to connect with and encourage homeowners.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Travel: Volunteers will need to make their own travel arrangements and must arrive at the location by 10 pm on September 17. The project will wrap up by noon on September 20.
- Housing: Volunteers will bunk (by gender) in climate-controlled mobile sleeping units and have access to hot showers and climate-controlled restrooms.
- Food: Volunteers will be provided with three meals daily.
- What to Pack: Each volunteer should bring overnight sleep gear, toiletries, and a bath towel. All volunteers will also be required to wear long pants, work or hiking boots, safety glasses, and gloves.
- Please note that mattresses and pillows will be provided but not bedding. Hard hats will be provided when necessary.
- Work will wrap up at 5 pm each day.
By volunteering, you can be a blessing to families who have lost so much as a result of the hurricane. Thank you for being a light and sharing the love of Jesus through serving!