The Single Parents Grant Program is partnering with single parents and helping them get an education as well as helping them continue to grow into the people God destined them to be.
We help single parents set and accomplish goals such as job training, family ministry, individual mentoring, biblical financial stewardship, and, ultimately, training to become a leader in their community.
Gateway Church provides help to qualifying single parent families with a predetermined financial amount for living expenses. This grant enables the parent to work part-time, attend school full-time, and, most importantly, focus on his or her children. The grant is for living expenses and not for school funding or childcare. The goal of the program is for the participant to become self-sufficient and for the children in these families to know they are a high priority to their parents.
Requirements to Apply for Gateway Grant Program
Candidates for the grant program are single parents in the church who meet the following qualifications.
All candidates must:
- Be an active member of Gateway Church or willing to become one.
- Be legally divorced or widowed.
- Have adequate and permanent childcare as well as reliable transportation.
- Have financial aid or loans approved for the next semester.
- Have at least one completed semester prior to applying for the program.
- Be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in school for the next semester.
- Submit to a background check.
- Be active within Gateway Church (Single Parent Life, Gateway Group, or another ministry within Gateway).
- Be able to work 10–20 hours per week while attending school full-time.
- Desire to be under the protection and authority of Gateway Church and its Grant Board.
- Not be involved in an intimate and/or romantic relationship currently or for the first year of the program.
- Have at least one child less than 18 years of age, living in the home full-time.
Download Single Parent Grant documents below.
For more information, contact Kristine Lopez at 817.328.2030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.