Bless A Life
When Pastor Robert preaches about living the blessed life, something interesting happens. Volunteer numbers at Gateway increase exponentially. It’s because the message isn’t just about giving your finances, it’s about giving yourself. You bless lives when you serve here at Gateway, and you can also be a blessing by serving people outside the church. Even though The Blessed Life series is over, we're continuing Bless A Life—a campaign to bless the people in our communities and daily lives.
There will be many opportunities presented by each Gateway campus to participate in Bless A Life. Whether it’s with your Gateway Group, your family, or by yourself, we want to encourage everyone to participate. No act is too small. In fact, we believe the seemingly small blessings of individuals will make the largest impact. Take a look at these ideas anyone can use.
Serve Your Community:
- Deliver a meal or treat to a neighbor or coworker.
- Bring flowers to someone.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Pay for someone’s coffee or meal behind you in the drive-through.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Give a treat to the postman or delivery person.
- Leave a big tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Pay for someone’s movie ticket behind you in line.
- Slip $20 to someone you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone’s meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Take a box of donuts to a school, office, etc.
- Pray for your neighborhood, school, or local business.
- Spend an afternoon helping out at a homeless shelter.
Serve Your Church:
- myGateway – Use the app to help people and direct them to ministries at Gateway.
- Children’s Ministry – Welcome and assist families as they check in their children.
- Greeter – Greet people as they enter the building and Auditorium.
- Usher – Assist people with finding seats.
- Prayer Team – Pray for the people and ministries of Gateway.
- Communion Team – Prepare and help serve communion.
- Fresh Start – Welcome and encourage new believers at the Fresh Start booth.
- Gateway Safety Unit – Help provide a safe, warm worship environment.
- Parking Lot Team – Welcome and assist people as they arrive in the parking lot.
- Gateway Medical Team – Assist with medical situations during services and special events.
- Water Baptism – Help check people in during water baptisms.
- Jewish Ministry – Pray for and assist with Jewish Ministry events.
- Heartline – Call and thank weekend guests for coming to Gateway.
- Equip – Help set up and close down classrooms and greet attendees.
- Worship – Assist with special events, live recordings, and conferences.
There are many ways you can Bless A Life. Be creative and keep your ears open to the different opportunities presented at your campus and in your Gateway Group. Share your Bless A Life stories on social media with the hashtag #blessalife or at blessalife.gatewaypeople.com.